The Association of Computing Machinary is an RSO based out of the Computer Engineering & Computer Science department of the J.B. Speed School of Engineering. As the national ACM states, the ACM is the world's largest educational and scientific computing society, delivering resources that advance computing as a science and a profession. We are dedicated to helping our fellow students advance their skills in today's computing world. However, the ACM is not just limited to that. All students at UofL are welcome to join us, become friends, have fun, and learn.
The UofL Chapter of the ACM provides many benefits to its members including:
- 24 ACM Lab Access
- Queit study room (known as the Fishbowl)
- Many Student Interest Groups to get invovled with
- Access to a wealth of knowledge from its members
- Members are knowledgeable about
- Systems Administration
- Cloud Orchestration
- Many other areas!
- Server access on the CECS and ACM clouds
- Create your own servers!
- Create small labs to experiment with
- Department connections
- The other kind of networking…
- A place to hangout before/between/after class
- Stress relief through games
- Video games and board games available
- Events throughout the semester
- Semesterly LAN Party
- The Hat Wall
- Food & Drink at resonable prices
- Free pizza at General Business Meetings
Join the ACM simply by coming by in the basement of the J.B. Speed School of Engineering, Room 002, and speaking to an officer. Someone is usually around to welcome you. We'd love you see you around!
Dues are $10 per semester, and if you pay for Spring, you get Summer free! Pay in cash or by check to any officer.